Tue, 21 Nov|
Auto-collection for single particle averaging with SerialEM (1 Day)
Convenor: Dr Lou Brillault
Time & Location
21 Nov 2023, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Saint Lucia, St Lucia QLD 4072, Australia
About the event
This workshop will be a one-day practical workshop focused on demonstrating how to set up a data collection for single-particle analysis on the JEOL cryoARM 300 at the University of Queensland. The workshop will show how to use specific scripts from serialEM designed for single particle analysis data collection. The workshop will also show how the data is processed while collecting using on-the-fly processing with CryoSparc live and how we use this to assess the quality of the data collected.
The targeted audience will be for people interested in single-particle imaging from intermediate level to expert and won’t cover the basics of cryoEM. There will be specific benefits to cryoARM JEOL users and staff located at facilities in Australia.
- Grid mapping (30min): Acquiring a montage-map of the grid and assessing the areas to be imaged.
- Square mapping (30 min): Acquiring square maps of different areas of the grid and choose which areas will be best to select for high-resolution imaging.
- Setting beam alignment of the microscope.
- Manual and automatic screening of some of the selected imaging areas and discussion on the quality of the specimen observed (e.g. ice thickness, particle distribution, particle concentration).
- Setting up automatic data collection using serialEM scripts and build-in option such as multishots imaging.
- Starting data collection.
- CryoSparc live.
- Questions and discussions.
- Ticket type
Single particle averagingPrice$0.00